Advice and Support

  1. Cornwall Council: If a client is homeless or threatened with homelessness, they need to present themselves to the council and ask for help from a Housing Options Officer.  If a client fits certain criteria, then the Housing Options Officer will provide a range of services from information about housing options through to supporting a client to access sustainable and safe accommodation through the homeless prevention fund or a referral to supported accommodation.

  Website: https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/housing/

  • Housing Options: Housing Options at Cornwall Housing provides free and impartial service for landlords, tenants and owner occupiers. They are committed to providing quality and specialist services to all our customers who are eligible to receive them, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief or no belief.

 Website: https://www.cornwallhousing.org.uk/find-a-home/

  • Home Solutions: Takes referrals from occupational therapists. We administer Disabled Facilities Grants throughout Cornwall and assist disabled people and those with serious illnesses relocate.

 Website: https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/housing/home-solutions/

 Housing Options and Homelessness: Provides free information, assistance and specialist advice to landlords, tenants and owner occupiers to help keep you in your home or by helping you to find alternative accommodation.

 Website: https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/housing/housing-options/housing-options-and-homelessness/

 Contact details: https://www.cornwallhousing.org.uk/find-a-home/homelessness-reduction/rough-sleeping/

  • Home Group:  Clients can access one to one confidential advice on housing, and homelessness.

Website: https://www.homegroup.org.uk/Care-and-Support/Online-Support


  •  Streetlink: A national organisation helping connect rough sleepers to local services.

Shelter Cornwall: Shelter offer a range advice and resources on their website and via their helpline.

Find out more here – Shelter

St Petroc’s Society: Provide accommodation, support, advice, and training and resettlement services to single homeless people in Cornwall. This website also includes details of specialised initiatives such as No Second Night Out, Devon and Cornwall Rough Sleepers Partnership, The Outreach Team, SmartMove Bond and The Homeless Discharge Scheme.


6.Coastline Homeless and Social Exclusion Services: If you are homeless or may lose your home help and advice is available from the Coastline Homeless and Social Exclusion Service.


Health for Homeless: Access to primary care services for people who are homeless.

Kernow Positive Support; Housing: Supporting people affected by and living with HIV

Registered Social Landlords: Many registered social landlords (RSL) such as Coastline, Ocean Housing, Guinness Trust, Devon and Cornwall Housing or Cornwall Housing offer support to tenants who are struggling to maintain their tenancy. Enquire with each RSL for more info about what is available.

Citizens Advice Cornwall: Provides generalist advice including housing.

The Vicars Relief Fund: The VRF provides small crisis grants of up to £350 to support people who are at risk of, or currently experiencing homelessness or vulnerable housing, to establish and maintain their tenancies.

Website: https://smitf.flexigrant.com/default.aspx

Gypsy, Roma and Travellers

 1. Cornwall Council General Info: An overview of support services aimed at this group.

  1. Gypsy Traveller Sites:
  1. Traveller Space: A registered charity supporting Gypsies, Irish Travellers and New Travellers in Cornwall.

Supported Accommodation

There is a range of supported accommodation throughout the county. You can find a list using the Cornwall Council Housing Support Search function (refer to Cornwall Council section above).  Some of it is listed below.

  1. Glen Carne: Glen Carne is a charity providing supported accommodation located near St. Agnes offering residents an opportunity to access housing related support and gain training to enable successful move on into independent accommodation.
  1. Cornwall Foundation Trust: Accommodation for single people who have a diagnosed enduring mental illness.

 3. YMCA Cornwall – Young people: Helping to house disadvantaged young people throughout the county.

  1. Cosgarne Hall: Accommodation with housing-related support to mainly single men and women aged 18 and with chaotic lifestyles, including offenders and people with drug and alcohol issues / dependencies.
  1. The Foyer Federation: A Foyer is an integrated learning and accommodation centre providing safe and secure housing; support and training for young people aged 16-25.
  1. St Petrocs Society: St Petroc’s manage a number of supported properties aimed at single homeless people
  1. Byan Supported Accommodation: Byan offer a range of supported units at various locations in Cornwall.

We have not sought to capture everything but if you feel we have missed something vital please email andrea.gilbert@cornwall.gov.uk with the details.